- Working pattern: Part-time
Contract type: Fully remote, self-employed, flexible
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Must live in France
Are you a health professional, with a degree-level background in health? Are you an empathetic, natural-relationship-builder, who can talk to anyone and everyone? And can you demonstrate strong coaching and motivational interviewing skills, to support health behaviour change?
Demand for our ostomy services is about to start. This has created new opportunities for experienced registered dietitians, nutritionists and healthcare professionals to join us as a Liva Health Coach. If you are an effective multi-tasker, who excels in managing your own caseload and you're passionate about providing the best possible virtual care, then we would love to hear from you.
As a Liva Health Coach, you will remotely support a caseload of service users on our 9 month structured programmes, providing one-to-one through our app and video-based consultations.
The key to this is the application of excellent behavioural change skills, working through any potential barriers to support newly operated ostomy patients.
You will have the opportunity to undertake training in motivational interviewing and behavioural change in order to support you in delivering successful coaching through the evidence-based Liva Coaching Model theoretical framework.
You will be supported by a registered healthcare professional as your Service Manager throughout and provided with relevant training to help you succeed in the role. You will be provided with ostomy training before starting.
Structured programme delivery
Delivering one-to-one video-based health coaching to our service users accessing our structured programmes, over a period of 9 months
- Support service users to use the Liva app to improve their mental health, and communicate through video- and text-based messaging
Person-centred behaviour change
Proactively manage a minimum caseload (working hours dependent), delivering gold-standard digital health coaching
- Manage and monitor members with additional complex health needs in line with Clinical Governance guidance
- Deliver effective health coaching interventions using a holistic and person-centred approach, employing behaviour change theories and skills
- Treat everyone with dignity, and respect different cultures, religions, ways of life and other personal characteristics at all times
Service quality and development
- Manage own caseload to ensure service users receive appropriate levels of support and expectations are met
- Gather feedback to support the evaluation of the quality of the service and to inform service changes and developments
- Lead by example by demonstrating excellent customer service, delivery skills, organisation and professionalism
- Collect and record outcomes, monitoring and impact data using required systems, contributing to the evaluation of the service
- To comply with all codes of practice and conduct, including policies and procedures concerning data protection, health and safety and safeguarding
- To be committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion for others, both colleagues and members
- Ensure data is kept securely in line with data protection law and Liva Healthcare’s procedures
Qualifications / experience
Training and experience in ostomy care is an advantage but not a demand
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in a health-related subject – we particularly welcome applicants with a UK Registered HCPC Healthcare Professional status e.g. a dietitian, or AfN registered nutritionist
- Experience in a role that involves supporting individuals with behaviour change (desirable)
- Motivational interviewing, behaviour change, or health coaching qualification and experience
- Need to speak native French
- Knowledge of the wider determinants of health, including social, economic and environmental factors
- Understanding of personalisation, health coaching and the skills required to support self-care
- A sound understanding of the practical application of nutrition-related advice
- Knowledge of lifestyle behaviours impact on health and long-term conditions
- An understanding of the principles of confidentiality and how these apply when handling member information
Aptitudes, skills and competencies
- Tech-savvy - you use apps and computer-based systems like a pro
- Ability to use Google Suite (Gmail, Meet, Drive), and other online client monitoring systems or tools with ease
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen actively and build excellent rapport with people from all backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; able to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Fluent French and comfort with English - if you speak multiple languages, let us know!
Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fully-remote environment
- Able to work unsupervised as part of a remote team to meet agreed outcomes, targets and deadlines
- Must hold a professional liability insurance
- Subject to a successful DBS check
- Able to demonstrate personal accountability, emotional resilience and ability to work well under pressure
- Commitment to valuing equality and diversity and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
- Commitment to own professional and personal development and willingness to undertake training and development as appropriate to the role
- Able to work flexible hours
- Happy to work remotely as a part of a dynamic and rapidly growing coaching team
Why join us?
- Competitive pay
- Fully remote working
- Supportive supervision - you’ll find a supportive environment facilitated by highly experienced members of our Health Coach Team; the goal is to support you in becoming the best health coach you can be.
- Flexible working hours - you’ll have the opportunity to structure your workload to suit your schedule
- An exciting and rewarding role in a high-growth start-up environment
- Training and development opportunities