About the position
The BAME Engagement Coordinator is initially a one year pilot position with the possibility of extension. It is a part time position (3 days per week) and you will be working in the Greater Manchester Area.
The post holder will be responsible for engaging with individuals and groups currently underrepresented amongst Liva Healthcare’s service users, particularly the BAME community, with a view to increasing uptake of Liva Healthcare’s digital health coaching programmes.
You will communicate information about Liva Healthcare’s digital health coaching programme to local communities, make and maintain links with relevant local organisations, and work with key stakeholders to identify and remedy barriers to access Liva Healthcare.
You will work with Liva Healthcare’s diverse health coaching team to ensure that all health coaching programmes are culturally appropriate and accessible, and that the existing team has the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills to deliver the programmes.
As BAME Engagement Coordinator your primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with the Project Manager to develop a community engagement programme together with a plan to include agreed goals and priority target audiences, and an evaluation tool to assess the success of the programme.
- Identify, maintain and strengthen links with relevant community organisations in Trafford such as the VOICE BMET and Pakistani Resource Centre
- Prepare, disseminate and deliver events, presentations and information materials about Liva Healthcare to community groups to increase knowledge of our digital health coaching programmes
- Identify barriers to accessing our services within the BAME community and formulate strategies as to how these might be overcome.
- Identify and implement ways to involve local BAME communities in the development of Liva Healthcare’s health coaching programmes.
- Represent Liva Healthcare at any relevant internal and external community and/or stakeholder events and build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Support to evaluate all our health coaching programmes and communication to ensure they are culturally appropriate.
- Help to prepare and deliver training sessions and workshops to staff and volunteers to further their awareness and knowledge of equality and diversity and cultural issues.
You are expected to be flexible in terms of when the working hours will have to be delivered, eg. some events might be in the evening / weekend.
To succeed in the role as BAME Engagement Coordinator we expect that you:
- Have experience working with local health services and community organisations
- Speak fluent Punjabi and preferably also Urdu
- Knows how to build relationships with local organisations and other stakeholders
- Is empathetic and collaborative
- Have experience working with vulnerable groups
Why work for Liva?
- A competitive salary, NHS band 6 equivalent starting at GBP 32,000 (pro-rated)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- Company Pension – matched to 5%
About Liva Healthcare
At Liva Healthcare, we have created a digital programme that enables scalable, personalised and relationship-centric lifestyle interventions, in order to manage or reverse lifestyle conditions such as Obesity, Prediabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease.
We are busy delivering our technology and programmes funded by the NHS & local councils.
We are a purpose driven company with the mission of improving lives through digital health coaching and our values are an important part of our identity. We believe in empathy, honesty and responsibility - and that by working together we can achieve greater things than by working alone.
If you need more information about Liva Healthcare, please visit our website: www.livahealthcare.com.
Feel free to contact Memuna Adam (email@example.com), if you have any questions regarding the position.
Deadline for applying is 15 August 2021. We will get back to you after the application deadline.