- Start date: Ongoing
- Hours: Flexible up to 21 per week
- Location: Fully remote (however must be based in Europe)
- Type of contract: Self-Employed, Freelance Contractor
- Reports to: Coach Team Lead / Coaching Delivery Manager
About Liva Healthcare
Demand for our services is continuing to grow. This has created new opportunities for practitioners to join us as Digital Health Coaches. If you are an effective multi-tasker, who excels in managing your own caseload and you're passionate about providing the best possible care online, then we would love to hear from you.
At Liva we do not go to work, just to work, but because we are fortunate enough to help people improve their chronic conditions. Having relationship-focused, professional and caring Health Coaches to deliver our programmes, is not only important but a top priority.
Our Health Coaches deliver support to people in our digital programmes, remotely supporting a caseload of service-users across a 3–12-month period (programme-dependent), providing both 1-to-1 and peer group support through our app and video consultations.
Key to this is the application of excellent behavioural change skills, working through any potential barriers to engagement and keeping service-users committed to achieving their outcomes throughout the programme.
You will have the opportunity to undertake training in motivational interviewing and behavioural change in order to support you in delivering successful coaching through the evidence-based Liva Coaching Model theoretical framework.
You will be supported by a registered healthcare professional as your Coach Team Lead throughout and provided with relevant training to help you succeed in the role.
- Delivering 1:1 remote health coaching to our service-users
- Provide remote advice via peer support groups
- Handling of sensitive data, approaching with great attention to detail
- Use motivational interviewing to support the service-user throughout their journey
- Support service-users remotely to make positive, practical changes to their diet and lifestyle
- Accurately inputting data into our dashboard system to ensure a coherent service-user pathway
- Working alongside the operations team to ensure contract KPIs are achieved
- Flexible working, sometimes including evening and weekend work when required, to suit the needs of the business
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable training and experience of health behaviour change coaching skills, ideally Motivational Interviewing, or similar
- An integrated approach to health – your knowledge and approach should incorporate multiple areas of wellbeing
- A deep understanding of health coaching as a unique approach to facilitating lifestyle change
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in a health-related subject – ideally a Registered Healthcare Professional e.g. a dietician
- An independent, self-motivated, organised individual.
- Happy to integrate with a remote team
- Comfort with English - if you speak multiple languages, let us know! Due to our service-user demographics, we are very interested in hearing from candidates who are fluent in any additional languages to English, especially: Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Gujarati, Somali, Tamil, Nepalese, Farsi, Bengali
- Tech-savvy – you use apps and computer-based systems like a pro
- You are able to attend training occasionally and when required, but mostly this will be making time for remote webinars
- Most importantly, your values should align with ours; you have empathy and a drive to engage with an innovative, fast-changing environment
- Has a minimum of two days of time to coach for Liva
Why join us?
- Competitive hourly rates
- Supportive supervision - all our health coaches attend regular supervision sessions with Liva. You’ll find a supportive environment facilitated by highly experienced members of our Health Coach Team; the goal is to support you in becoming the best health coach you can be
- Flexible working hours - you’ll have the opportunity to structure your workload around your availability to suit your own schedule
- An exciting and rewarding role in a high-growth start-up environment
- Training opportunities, inclusive of sharpening your coaching skills